Nothing too exciting has been going on at our house lately and we kind of like it that way. We have been able to work on our never ending To Do List and enjoy some cooler weather. Last Saturday we had a fun rain storm that came and went all day. It was enough to cancel Zach's soccer game and then came back again in the late afternoon. The kids had fun playing outside in it and Alex played football in the backyard. For some reason he has been dying to play football in the rain. Two out of our three fav college teams won so it was a good day.
Last week Syd, Zach and I broke out the wheat grinder and made flour. It is amazing to them and to me to! Then we made these cute heart shaped waffles and froze them for future breafasts. Hopefully, this is a healthier alternative to the Eggos we have been eating. Here is the recipe if you want to try it. I think they are great and just pop them in your toaster when it is time to eat. I found this recipe while blog surfing late one night. The flax seed meal just adds some good nutrition.
Whole Wheat Waffles
2 c. wheat or white flour (or use 1/2 and 1/2)
1/2 c. flax seed meal
1 T. baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 T. sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. oil
Mix together well, allow to thicken a little before cooking. May need to thin with more milk.
My other project I recently bought,started and completed in a two week period (this is rare for me) is this cute apron. I have seen lots of cute aprons designs out there and desided my bargain 4th of July Old Navy one just wasn't cutting it when it comes to looking cute. I saw this fabric and decided to try it out. My put together pattern needs a few adjustments but I like the end result.
Alex has been working hard to earn his Bobcat in Scouts and received his award tonight. Thankfully, we got there just before they called him up. For whatever reason I was sure Packmeeting was on Thurs not Tues but we made it. But since I was unprepared I didn't have the my camera.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Your apron is so cute! I know what I want for Christmas.:)
Post a Comment