I heard this song "Wake me up when September Ends" the other day, and I couldn't agree more. This September ranks up there with one of the busier months for our family. I packed my suitcase three times and spent a third of the month away from my bed. ( I like my bed) The majority of time that we have been at home have been spent with school work or at football practice and games.
We started off the month with a couple of days of school and since were are such great parents, we immediately took the boys out of school for a week. In reality, they only missed 3 1/2 days. We went to Texas for a week to spend time with my brother Scott and his family and to attend the AWESOME BYU vs OK game. This event will get a separate post later. It was a fun time filled with great memories.
A week later we went to Burley for my Grandpa Johnson's funeral. It was something we had been anticipating as he was 94 years old. He was ready to go and every morning he read the paper to see if he who else he had outlived. He suffered a stroke and passed away 5 days later free of pain or discomfort. It was wonderful to be among family and to reminisce about the memories we had with Grandpa J.
After much planning and preparation, our weekend with the ladies in the Wood Family had arrived. It was a great weekend and I am still smiling and yawning thinking about all the memories we made. (pictures to come later and oh some good pictures!) So for now, I am going to sleep and do as little as possible until September ends. Good thing there is only one day left or my family may wonder where I am and why there are no clean clothes, dishes or food to eat.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Yeah you have been BUSY - but had TONS of fun too it sounds like. Can't wait for those pictures!
Post a Comment