I am happy to report the surgery was a success. It was completely ruptured but they were able to get it all back together. Whatever that means! It was explained to me that it was like reconnecting spaghetti. Cris had a rough evening as his stomach doesn't like anethesia. After a phone call to the afterhour's doc and a 10:00 run five Walgreens away I got him some medicine to fight off the nausea. He had thrown up twice and was anxious to get some pain meds down. The meds worked like a charm. No more puke. Turns out the original script was turned in wrong. So instead of one strong pain meds we got two. Too bad becoming a dealer is not on my to do list. I think I could make some cash. So far, almost 24 hours later the block hasn't worn off yet. They say this is normal so we are waiting for the pain to kick in. He has been taking meds to combat the oncoming pain.
The kids are all home today for inservice and they have enjoyed keeping their dad company. Syd likes to eat his crackers and sing songs. I think she passes the cutest nurse ever test. Hopefully, the worst is over and the next 10 days will fly. It is my positive thinking ritual!
I was wishing I were back in my comfort zone (Glendale/NC ward) so I would have my resources for help with everything. However, our friends and ward has been great and I am very thankful for their support.
Before surgery. The swelling moved down into his foot causing lots of pretty bruises.

Zach kept asking why Cris' leg said "On". I explained it wasn't "on" but "no" so they didn't operate on the wrong leg. "Oh, so does his other let say yes?" he says. We will have to wait and see.
7 comments:
Glad the surgery went well, do you think Cris will lay off of church basketball for awhile? Hope to see you soon.
Wishing Cris and you a speedy recovery. You have 4 kids for a while. Make sure you take care of yourself during this time, so you don't get overwhelmed. Thinking of you in PHX.
Glad the surgery went well. Looks like you definitely have the cutest little nurse to help you out. I can't believe how big she is looking. Kids grow up too fast! Good luck with the recovery. You'll probably need a vacation when all's said and done :) Phoenix is nice this time of year :)
We miss you!! I hope Cris feels better soon.
Wish I could be helping you out. Hope recovery goes well! Looking forward to seeing you guys. By the way, I love the your wall color in your room. What is the name and brand?
The brand of paint is Kwall and the color is Mistrol. I love it too!
Glad to hear that everything went well. Also, I'm glad that they got the right foot! :)
Post a Comment