Wednesday night we had the Trunk or Treat at the church and the kids were stoked about getting candy sooner than they thought. As I was getting Syd ready she kept looking in the mirror saying, "I pretty momma, I pretty" over and over. And yes she was pretty and growing way to fast.
It was a fun night especially when the fog machine set off the smoke alarm and real figherfighters came. At first Syd just wanted to hand out the candy then it dawned on her that she too could go around filling up her bag. Before we left I told her she need to say "Trick or Treat" to which she added, "Smell my feet." Apparently her brothers already taught her the ropes. I am happy we got some good pictures. Our little "Rella" fell of the kid table outside and now has a lovely scrape and bump on her forehead.
Zach and his preschool buddy in their football duds. Go Packers! Go Broncos!

Today the kids are out of school for inservice so I took advantage of sleeping in and being lazy. We made Pumpkin shaped pancakes with chocolate chip nose and eyes and whipcream mouths per Alex's request. This afternoon we are carving pumpkins and having friends over for mummy hotdogs and then more Trick or Treating! Tomorrow is a full day with Cris working in the am, two basketball games, craft day, and a latenight movie with BCF Steph to see "Secret Life of Bees." Hope it is as good as the book.
Last but not least "Happy Anniversary" to my favorite boyfriend. It was 13 years ago today that he showed up to my apartment to see what we were doing for FHE. We quickly dressed him in a purple robe, shower cap and spread a Mary Kay face mask on him. (If only I had the picture) I was Pipppy Longstocking and we partied as only a Rick's College student can do. I don't think he will ever let me put another face mask on him even though I think he secretly liked his smooth skin. He has 11 days left on crutches and we are all counting down the days.
More to come on our very fun road trip to Vegas/Phoenix. It has been back to life, with lots to do and too little time.








4 comments:
Wow you guys are busy busy! Hopefully we'll be able to catch up with you sometime while we're in Boise. We'll get there about 10 tonight.
BTW the kids costumes are adorable!
The first time I saw Jim was at a BYU Halloween ward party, he and his roomie were dressed as "Hefty" and "Wimpy" - the garbage bags!
Haha!I wish I could see the picture too! Good old Ricks!! Looks like you all had fun. So hilarious that the fire truck showed up!!
We miss you guys!
Post a Comment