margin:0; color:#333333; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:#15222b; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#15222b; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#701b51; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #6f3c1b; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #6f3c1b; text-align: center; color:#6f3c1b; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal normal 200% Georgia, Serif; } #header a { color:#6f3c1b; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#6f3c1b; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; color: #999999; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 100% Georgia, Serif; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#15222b; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #6f3c1b; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#701b51; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#701b51; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#333333; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#15222b; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #6f3c1b; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #15222b; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #15222b; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #6f3c1b; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #6f3c1b; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; color: #15222b; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Thursday, April 1, 2010

I got a scolding tonight and it was no April Fools!

Cris talked to his mom tonight and then passed the phone to me and I was informed it has been way too long since there has been a post. I have to agree. It has been way too long. I have reclaimed my life now it is post Spelling Bee. Spelling Bee??? Yes, I took on the assignment of planning the Spelling Bee for the boys school. It pretty much consumed my life since January. I used to use the excuse that when I wanted to blog someone else was hogging the computer but now I have my own laptop so I have no excuses. I just need to put my pictures on the laptop so I can blog them too.

So since it is a new month and my "spare" time is not consumed with Spelling Bee stuff I vow to blog more regularly. There will be some serious catching up to do since this is the only journal/scrap booking happening at the Richardson home. Currently, we are enjoying Spring Break with late nights watching movies, play dates with friends and sleeping in. We just watched the Discovery Life series. The kids LOVE it and it is rather fascinating. And then Zach asked what sex is because the whales were a little frisky with each other and the narration mentioned s-e-x. Not ready to go there with Zach yet!

We did have some April fool's fun today tricking Zach by telling him he had dirt on his food. It was Alex's idea to put crushed Oreo on it. He fell for it hook line and sinker. Just as he did last year when we told him there were little rocks in his pancakes - really they were chocolate chips.
Tonight, we egged our neighbors. Not with real eggs, but rather plastic eggs filled with candy. The boys loved it. Unfortunately, Syd drifted off to sleep on the couch and missed the fun.

We have one more day of fun and a lovely General Conference/Easter weekend to look forward to. Then its back to our crazy but normal routine of school, scouts, piano lessons, soccer practice, flag football practice, Syd's playgroup and preschool, Cris traveling here there and everywhere, baby Teagan (mine and Syd's real life baby doll during the day), coupon shopping, tackling the projects in my craft room that have been piling up and embracing change (our ward split last Sunday). Oh and Zach asked if I would plan a Math Hornet. "You know, like the Spelling Bee but with math." Great idea and very creative. I will get someone on it. Just not me! Any takers??? Having said that, I like routine and I like my crazy life and I'm grateful to have a wonderful family and friends to share it with.

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

We are glad that you guys are in our new ward! I'm sure it is weird for you to be cut out of Tuscany though. Sounds like things are busy and going well at your house!

Marilyn said...

Thank you Cris's mom! I love seeing an update to your blog. Jen, please have her call Steph, she is in line for a really good blog scolding!

The Richardsons said...

Kelsey - we are glad to be in the ward with you too! It is different not being in Tuscany. We are non Tuscanites living in Tuscany!

Tiffani said...

I'm sure a new calling will fill your "spare" time left over after the spelling bee. And you forgot to mention you planned a bee for four schools, not just yours! So so glad to have you join the non-Tuscanites.

Celeste said...

I warned you about the whales!!!

TERRI WILCOX said...

JOB WELL DONE JEN, LOVE YOU ALOT