There were 10 min. till the Today Show aired and this camera and its price caught my eye. It also helped that the salesman was very convincing and showed how easy it is to take lovely pictures. I have owned Sony cameras before and know a little about how they work and liked them -though I could never take spectacular pictures. After reading and learning more about it I had a QVC account and a camera was on its way.
Turns out a couple of friends recently ordered SLR cameras and thus our quest for how to use them began. For the past four Mondays we have been attending a class at the Community Center. Our teacher is ... not sure how to describe him... kind of nice, interesting, critical and not afraid to tell you your picture is GARBAGE. Each week we have had an assignment to take different types of pictures and then he chooses which one is the best. My first two pictures admittedly looked like GARBAGE. My PTA responsibilities have consumed my life during January and learning how to use my cool, new camera has been at the bottom of the to do list. But after three weeks of ISO, F stops/Aperture settings and shutter speeds I was ready to show I learned a little something. Our assignment this week was to shoot something red. I have lots of red things but he is hard to please and so my search began. I hadn't planned on procrastinating till the afternoon of the class, but once again I did. Syd's new favorite activity is to wear my shoes, pick a purse and fill it up with all kinds of treasures and parade around the house as though she is going around town. Monday, she came out with green shoes looking so cute. Ah ha. I have cute red shoes. The afternoon light was perfect and Syd was up for modeling and so our photo shoot began.
This one was deemed the winner of the night. He said it showed personality and tells a story. Believe me this girl does have personality. I was pleasantly surprised as the other photos shown were extremely creative and good. It was a good way to end what started out as crummy day. (My 400+ fliers for the Spelling Bee had a mistake in a web address. Sigh!)
I really liked this one. Such cute feet!
I am excited to learn more tricks to the trade, get/learn photoshop and am thankful to have great friends help teach me along the way.
I I




6 comments:
I love it! I can hardly wait to offer my child up as a photo subject. Maybe you could take some photos of him dressed in boy clothes, how novel!
Hi Jen! I found your blog through some other ward members. Email me at webbprivateblog@gmail.com and I will send you an invite to ours. CUTE, CUTE, CUTE pictures!!!
How cool!! I can't wait to see more of your pics.
Hurray for red shoes! THANKS for posting these. I missed you guys last night but now I feel like I was kinda there (minus the cynical comments, of course...)
Yeah, I love the last one of Sydney on her tip-toes, leaving your shoes behind:)
And hey, the 400+ PTA letters are all in their rightful homes, so no more worries!
HOLY COW..THOSE PICTURES ARE WAY WONDERFUL.......LOVE THE STORY BEHIND THEM TOO..JEN YOU ARE AMAZING.
ahhh...i never made it to the classes that came with my camera purchase. soooo cool! i love that you bought it through QVC! way to go! (now you just need to go back to hawaii! ;-))
Post a Comment