Yes, I know it has been awhile. I apologize to my regular readers, Aunt Marilyn and Scott! Life has picked up and when I have a moment to blog, I am brain dead.
We have been busy getting the other house ready for the big move. All we are doing is painting, but when you have a two year old apprentice it takes way longer than it should! Hopefully we will finish up this weekend. The blinds come next week and then it is moving day. Can't wait!
Two weekends ago Cris' mission companion and family came to visit from N. Idaho. They hadn't seen each other in over 12 years but kept in touch. It was good to finally meet Matt as Cris often talks of the fun times they had together. Their boys are the same age as our boys and are sports nuts as well. The boys only took breaks from playing basketball for a quick bite to eat and drink and then the game was back on.
This past weekend we went to the Idaho State Boys Basketball Tournament. My Alma Mater the, Burley Bobcats (Zach calls them the Burley Bobblecats), were defending their first place title from last year. They were victorious once again ending the past two seasons 53 and 1. They even had a slam dunk during the game. Who said white men can't jump! The boys were in heaven attending lots of games with Grandpa and Grandma. It looked as though half the town of Burley was there to support. Gotta love small town sportsmanship! In prepartion for the game I was teaching the boys the fight song. When I said the phrase, For it's High High High Sizzle Sizzle Boom, Cris gave me the strangest look. I guess I never realized how silly it was. So it is now a popular phrase in our home. The boys learned most of the song and were able to keep up with the band.
Here are some pics of the kids. Cris took the boys to the Globetrotters Game a couple of weeks ago. I told Syd we needed to fix her hair for church and it appears she didn't need my help. I just saw ten years into the future.





3 comments:
I love that pic of Syd. We had one of those "glimpses" with Nicole the other day. She came upstairs with sunglasses on the top of her head, holding back her beautiful red hair. She looked SO old. I totally felt like I was looking at a teenager! It's scary how fast that will come!
haha! Hearing the lyrics to the BHS fight song brought back so many memories! Good luck with your upcoming move!
Hi Jen! I heard you guys are moving into your new home and wanted to say congrats! I saw the pictures of Ben talking to Zac on the phone and thought they were so cute! I hope all is going well. You guys all look great.
Post a Comment