We hosted Thanksgiving dinner with member's of my Dad's family. We had 12 adults and 4 kids which means we needed some creative ideas for seating. With Cris' "Handy Manny" skills we cut two large half circles bracketed them together and put on top of my square table to create one large table 96 inches in diameter. Comfortable seating for 12 adults. Since 120 inch round table cloths are a scarce find, I went for a layered look and I think it turned out great.

Kid Zone
The food was as good as it looks.
Thanks to the aunts and my mom for bringing many of the side dishes.
Not sure how Martha would feel about 2 liters of soda on her Thanksgiving table, but it was convienent for refills. It was also nice to have all the food on the table, although it would be nice to have longer arms.
Kitchen cleanup by the men. Thanks Steve and Devin!
Other activities included Syd and Mason sword fighting Jake, football watching by Grandpa, Mason playing farm with lots of cows, more eating, extreme turkey carving by Cris and consumption of pumpkin pie. Yum.It was a wonderful day with delicious food and great company. The Richardson boys began the day with a Turkey Bowl at the park down the street and I keep hearing comments about my MVP Quarterback husband. Must have showed them his moves. I was just grateful he didn't come home limping! We scoured the ads for deals and I took Black Friday shopping to a new personal level. We left at 4:45 am and returned around 12:00. Got some good deals and most importantly Syd a mattress. Friday night was another great BSU game and and even better BYU game on Sat. I won't mention the Notre Dame game as it was another annoying loss. Thankfully, Sat was a quiet day for Syd and I while the boys enjoyed some male bonding time with friends four wheeling. I had an extreme shopping/Thanksgiving hangover and wanted nothing but to chill and sleep.
And since it is the time to give thanks, I give thanks everyday for these
four adorable people who put up with me everyday.
Thanks for the photo Aunt Peggy! Could her cast be any brighter?



2 comments:
Lovely, Jen. How do you have time to not only get everything ready to host Thanksgiving, but to also make it look so dang gorgeous?
I love your beautiful table!
Post a Comment