Last week was our Spring Break and we just hung around town and had a staycation. Not that we really ever going anywhere, but did try and and have some good fun. Grandma Wood and cousin Myelle came and visited. I told Sydney when they came we could paint her and Myelle's nails. Within five minutes of them being here, she was ready for her pedicure and manicure. Soon we had 20 tiny, pink toe nails and 20 tiny, pink fingernails. There was lots of games of Candy Land played and Zach and Grandma played several games of Paddle Ball outside.
Cris took a couple of days off and it was fun to have him home to play with us. We made a trip to the local library to find some new books to read. Alex and Zach have became avid readers and finishing books rather fast. We also rented a couple classic movies -- Indian in the Cupboard and Star Wars. The kids loved Indian in the Cupboard and and fun pretending to be Indians themselves. Thanks to Zach's friend, he has become a Star Wars kid. Star Wars is not my cup of tea but I am quickly learning all of the characters.
I am officially a soccer mom. Zach and Alex are playing soccer this spring. Zach is a veteran having played in the fall and Alex hasn't played since he was three. It has been fun watching Alex play a sport when he is not in his comfort zone. He is doing great and really likes being goaly as that is where the action is. Zach is loving it once again and Cris is helping coach his team.
We made our first trip to the Discovery Center. What a fun place! There were lots of experiments for the kids to try out and a really cute kid size grocery store to play in. They loved it! I think we will be making a repeat visit in the future. We also had fun playing with friends and expanded our culinary skills and made 30 containers of Strawberry Jam. Alex said he must be in heaven when he tasted it. I have to agree with him, it tasted great! Thanks Celelste and Karin for the help and motivation.
We had a great week and now we are back in the routine of homework, soccer practice, scouts, ect. I love routine, but am anxious for the carefree days of summer. Now if we can just have some Spring/Summer weather I will be happy as can be. It is currently raining and the forecast for the rest of the week doesn't look too promising.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Sounds fun!! I can't believe how big the kids are getting. You ca n vacation here whenever you want!!
hopefully our staycation next week will be as nice as yours appears! I am also surprisingly anxious for the unstructuredness of summer...and the weather to go with it!
Post a Comment